Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitter
3% and 5% Models
The Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitters quickly and accurately measures air velocity or volumetric flow in imperial or metric units. Simultaneous current and voltage outputs on all models provide universal inputs to monitoring equipment while the output range, units, and 0 to 5/10 VDC, 4-20 mA output can be configured via local DIP switches. The optional integral display, or the portable remote display tool, provide a convenient way to locally monitor process values and configure the unit. Models are available in 3% and 5% accuracy models to suit a variety of needs, and the optional BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU/ASCII communication protocol allows units to be daisy-chained while providing access to all of the velocity and flow data, as well as additional information such as air temperature.
NIST CALIBRATION available in Product Configurator.
Dwyer Instruments, Inc. was recognized for excellence in product design in the 14th annual Dealer Design Awards Program sponsored by The Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News magazine (The ACHR News). An independent panel of contractors acted as judges in the contest that had 81 entries. The company’s Series AVUL Air Velocity Transmitter was the Gold Award Winner in the Testing and Monitoring product category. The ACHR News is the leading trade magazine in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industries. To read the full announcement please visit http://www.dwyer-inst.com/2017DDAGoldWinner.
- VAV systems
- Building ducts
Models & Ordering
- Clean air and non-combustible, compatible gases.
- Wetted Materials:
- Consult factory.
- 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 FPM (5, 10, 15, 20 m/s); field selectable.
- ±(5% of reading + 0.2 m/s) or ±(3% of reading + 0.2 m/s) @ standard conditions, depending on model.
- Temperature Limits:
- 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Power Requirements:
- 24 VDC ±20% or 24 VAC ±20%.
- Humidity Limits.:
- 5 to 95% RH, non-condensing.
- Output Signals:
- 4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC, 0 to 10 VDC.
- Response Time (90%):
- 10 s, typical.
- Zero & Span Adjustments:
- Digital push buttons.
- Output Load Resistance:
- Current output: 0 to 1100 Ω max.; Voltage output: Minimum load resistance 1 kΩ.
- Current Consumption:
- 60 mA max.
- 5 digit LCD (optional).
- Electrical Connections:
- Analog; power and output: four wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG.
- Connections: BACnet MS/TP or Modbus® RTU/ASCII: three wire removable European style terminal block for 16 to 26 AWG; Supported baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 76800, 115200. (optional)
- Device Load:
- 1/8th unit load.
- Electrical Entry:
- 1/2" NPS thread. Accessory: Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable, A-151.
- Enclosure Rating:
- NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Mounting Orientation:
- Flow direction must be parallel to the sensor tip.
- 6.0 oz (160 g).
- Agency Approval:
- BTL, CE.
- Sensing elements have been coated with an engineered conformal coating to ensure durability and longevity
- Field selectable ranges can be quickly configured without power to the unit
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-151||Cable gland for 5 to 10 mm diameter cable.||1-2 Weeks||$5.00||Order|
|A-435-A||Remote display tool for the MS2 Series.||Less Than 1 Week||$99.00||Order|
|SCD-PS||100 to 240 VAC/VDC to 24 VDC power supply.||Next Day||$36.50||Order|
|A-AVUL-LCD||Field upgradeable display.||1-2 Weeks||$44.75||Order|
|A-AVUL-MTG||Replacement duct mount plate assembly.||1-2 Weeks||$6.70||Order|
AVUL-XXX-OPT AVUL AIR VELOCITY TRANSMITTER
1ST SYMBOL (1ST X) ACCURACY
3 +/- (3% OF READING + 0.2 m/s) @ STD CONDITIONS
5 +/- (5% OF READING + 0.2 m/s) @ STD CONDITIONS
2ND SYMBOL (2ND X) MOUNTING
D DUCT MOUNT
3RD SYMBOL (3RD X) OUTPUT
A1 ANALOG UNIVERSAL (0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20MA)
B1 ANALOG + BACNET OUTPUT
M1 ANALOG + MODBUS OUTPUT
-LCD LCD DISPLAY
-FC FACTORY CALIBRATION CERTIFICATE
-NIST NIST TRACEABLE CERTIFICATE
-GLD CABLE GLAND ACCESSORY
-SF SILICONE FREE
Product Data Sheet
- Is there a minimum duct size that this sensor can be used in?
- The sensing element is about ¾” from the tip of the stem so the duct size would need to accommodate the entire sensing element. If being used in a smaller duct, you will want to verify that the flow range is within the operating range, 1000, 2000, 3000, or 4000 FPM.
- Can you use a display with the Modbus or BACnet options?
- Yes, either the integral LCD Display, A-AVUL-LCD, or the remote display tool, A-435-A, can be used with Modbus or BACnet configurations.
- Can the AVPT output volumetric flow readings
- No, the AVPT is configured to output air velocity readings in FPM or M/S only. Consider looking at the AVUL for a unit able to output volumetric air flow.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.