Series 2000 Magnehelic® Differential Pressure Gages
Indicate Positive, Negative or Differential, Accurate within 1%
- No Power Required
- Low Cost
- Used in Isolation/ Hospital Environments and Temporary Units (no power required)
Select the Series 2000 Magnehelic® Gage for a versatile low differential pressure gage with a wide choice of 81 models and 27 options to choose from. Using Dwyer’s simple, frictionless Magnehelic® gage movement, it quickly indicates air or noncorrosive gas pressures--either positive, negative (vacuum) or differential. The design resists shock, vibration, over-pressures and is weatherproof to IP67. Select the -HA High Accuracy Magnehelic® Gage option for an accuracy within 1% of full scale, located below in the Product Configurator. Also included with the –HA option at no extra cost are a mirrored scale overlay and a 6 point calibration certificate.
NIST CALIBRATION available in Product Configurator.
Note: May be used with Hydrogen. Order a Buna-N diaphragm. Pressures must be less than 35 psi.
- Filter Monitoring
- Air Velocity with Dwyer Pitot Tube
- Blower Vacuum Monitoring
- Fan Pressure Indication
- Duct, Room or Building Pressures
- Clean Room Positive Pressure Indication
Models & Ordering
- Air and non-combustible, compatible gases (natural gas option available). Note: May be used with hydrogen. Order a Buna-N diaphragm. Pressures must be less than 35 psi.
- Wetted Materials:
- Consult factory.
- Die cast aluminum case and bezel, with acrylic cover, Exterior finish is coated gray to withstand 168 hour salt spray corrosion test.
- ±2% (-HA model ±1) of FS (±3% (-HA ±1.5%) on -0, -100PA, -125PA, -10MM and ±4% (-HA ±2%) on -00, -60PA, -6MM ranges), throughout range at 70°F (21.1°C).
- Pressure Limits:
- -20 in Hg. to 15 psig.† (-0.677 bar to 1.034 bar); MP option: 35 psig (2.41 bar), HP option: 80 psig (5.52 bar).
- Enclosure Rating:
- Relief plug opens at approximately 25 psig (1.72 bar), standard gages only. See Overpressure Protection note on Catalog page.
- Temperature Limits:
- 20 to 140°F (-6.67 to 60°C). -20°F (-28°C) with low temperature option.
- 4" (101.6 mm) diameter dial face.
- Mounting Orientation:
- Diaphragm in vertical position. Consult factory for other position orientations.
- Process Connections:
- 1/8" female NPT duplicate high and low pressure taps - one pair side and one pair back.
- 1 lb 2 oz (510 g); MP & HP 2 lb 2 oz (963 g).
- Standard Accessories:
- Two 1/8" NPT plugs for duplicate pressure taps, two 1/8" pipe thread to rubber tubing adapters and three flush mounting adapterswith screws. (Mounting and snap ring retainer substituted for three adapters in MP & HP gage accessories.)
- Agency Approval:
- Meets the technical requirements of EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS II). Note: -SP models not RoHS approved.
- Note: For applications with high cycle rate within gage total pressure rating, next higher rating is recommended. See Options Page.
- Easy to read gage through undistorted plastic face permits viewing from far away
- Patented design provides quick response to pressure changes means no delay in assessing critical situations
- Durable and rugged housing and high-quality components combine to provide longservice life and minimized down-time
- High accuracy option is twice as accurate as the standard Magnehelic® gage.
- Bezel provides flange for flush mounting in panel.
- Clear plastic face is highly resistant to breakage. Provides undistorted viewing of pointer and scale.
- Precision litho-printed scale is accurate and easy to read.
- Red tipped pointer of heat treated aluminum tubing is easy to see. It is rigidly mounted on the helix shaft.
- Pointer stops of molded rubber prevent pointer over-travel without damage.
- "Wishbone" assembly provides mounting for helix, helix bearings and pointer shaft.
- Jeweled bearings are shock-resistant mounted; provide virtually friction-free motion for helix. Motion damped with high viscosity silicone fluid.
- Zero adjustment screw is conveniently located in the plastic cover, and is accessible without removing the cover. O-ring seal provides pressure tightness.
- Helix is precision made from an alloy of high magnetic permeability. Mounted in jeweled bearings, it turns freely, following the magnetic field to move the pointer across the scale.
- Calibrated range spring is flat spring steel. Small amplitude of motion assures consistency and long life. It reacts to pressure on diaphragm. Live length adjustable for calibration.
- Silicone rubber diaphragm with integrally molded O-ring is supported by front and rear plates. It is locked and sealed in position with a sealing plate and retaining ring. Diaphragm motion is restricted to prevent damage due to overpressures.
- Die cast aluminum case is precision made and iridite-dipped to withstand 168 hour salt spray corrosion test. Exterior finished in baked dark gray hammerloid. One case size is used for all standard pressure options, and for both surface and flush mounting.
- OVERPRESSURE PROTECTION
Blowout plug is comprised of a rubber plug on the rear which functions as a relief valve by unseating and venting the gage interior when over pressure reaches approximately 25 psig (1.7 bar). To provide a free path for pressure relief, there are four spacer pads which maintain 0.023" clearance when gage is surface mounted. Do not obstruct the gap created by these pads. The blowout plug is not used on models above 180" of water pressure, medium or high pressure models, or on gages which require an elastomer other than silicone for the diaphragm. The blowout plug should not be used as a system overpressure control. High supply pressures may still cause the gage to fail due to over pressurization, resulting in property damage or serious injury. Good engineering practices should be utilized to prevent your system from exceeding the ratings of any component.
- O-ring seal for cover assures pressure integrity of case.
- Samarium Cobalt magnet mounted at one end of range spring rotates helix without mechanical linkages.
- ASF Adjustable Signal Flag
- HP High Pressure Option
- LT Low Temperatures to -20°F
- MP Med. Pressure Option
- SP Setpoint Indicator
- Scale Overlays Red, Green, Yellow, Mirrored or Combination, Specify Locations
Mounting and Orientation
A single case size is used for most models of Magnehelic® gages. They can be flush or surface mounted with standard hardware supplied. Standard gages are calibrated in the vertical position, and should be used in that position for maximum stated accuracy. Ranges above 17.5 in w.c. may be used at any angle, and should stay within specified accuracy, by simply re-zeroing. Ranges below 17.5 in w.c. should be ordered using the –TA tilt angle option with the angle specified. These characteristics make Magnehelic® gages ideal for both stationary and portable applications. A 4-9/16" hole is required for flush panel mounting. Complete mounting and connection fittings, plus instructions, are furnished with each instrument.
- AHU1 Furnished with attached surface mounting plate
- AHU2 Furnished with attached surface mounting plate and including A-481 installer kit (2 plastic static pressure tips and 7´of PVC tubing)
- CB Chrome bezel option: A chrome plated aluminum bezel for an aesthetically pleasing finish when mounting on metal surfaces such as control panels.
- FC Factory calibration certificate
- NIST NIST traceable calibration certificate
- SB Stainless steel bezel option: 304 stainless steel electro polished Ra 16 finished bezel
- SS Corrosion resistant brushed 304 stainless steel bezel
|Model Number||Description||Usually Ships*||Price||Order|
|A-321||Brass safety relief valve, protects Magnehelic® gage or Photohelic® switch/gage against over pressure due to regulator failure, etc, opens at 10 psi. Mounts in tee fitting. 1/4" NPT(M) (use two for DP application). .5" x .5" x 1.5", .10 .lb||Less Than 1 Week||$53.50||Order|
|A-605||Air filter kit - adapts any standard Magnehelic® gage for use as an air filter gage. Includes aluminum surface mounting bracket with screws, (2) 5 ft (1.5 m) lengths of 1/4" aluminum tubing, (2) static pressure tips & (2) molded plastic vent valves.||Next Day||$45.75||Order|
|A-610||Pipe mounting kit for 1-1/4" to 2" pipe. 5.6" x 4.6" x 1.4", 1.0 .lb (Magnehelic® sold separately)||Next Day||$33.75||Order|
|A-300||Flat aluminum bracket for flush mounting Magnehelic® gage. 6.8" x 6.0" x .1", .35 lb.||Next Day||$33.75||Order|
|A-310A||3-way vent valve, plastic, 1/8" NPT to 1/4" metal tubing, 80 psi rating, replaces former Model A-310 (brass). 2.3" x .8" x .1", .10 lb.||Next Day||$21.75||Order|
|A-432||Plastic carrying case for Magnehelic® gage of standard range, except high pressure connection, includes 9 ft (2.7m) of 3/16" ID rubber tubing, stand-hang bracket & terminal tube with holder. 9.1" x 7.4" x 3.6", 1.30 .lb||Next Day||$59.00||Order|
|A-464||Flush mount kit for Magnehelic® gages (Magnehelic® sold separately)||Next Day||$26.25||Order|
|A-448||3-piece magnet kit for mounting Magnehelic® gage directly to a magnetic surface, 3.3" x 1.7" x .5", .20 .lb||1-2 Weeks||$13.50||Order|
|A-605B||Air filter kit with (2) plastic open/close valves, (2) 4" steel static tips, tubing & mounting flange.||1-2 Weeks||$35.25||Order|
|A-605C||Air filter kit with (2) plastic open/close valves, (2) plastic static tips, tubing & mounting flange.||1-2 Weeks||$28.25||Order|
|A-135||Rubber gasket for panel mounting.||Next Day||$4.90||Order|
|A-369||Stand-hang bracket, aluminum, for Magnehelic® gage.||Next Day||$15.00||Order|
|A-368||Surface mounting plate, aluminum, for Magnehelic® gage.||Next Day||$9.80||Order|
|A-371||Surface mounting bracket, use with Photohelic® switch/gage on horizontal or vertical surfaces, also for Capsu-Photohelic® switch/gage on vertical only. Also Magnehelic® -MP, -HP models.||Next Day||$47.75||Order|
|A-286||4-1/2" Gage panel mounting flange||Call for Details||$14.00||Order|
|A-401||Plastic carrying case (7-9/16" x 5-7/8" x 2-13/16").||Less Than 1 Week||$32.75||Order|
|A-299||Mounting bracket flush mount Magnehelic® gage in bracket. Bracket is then surface mounted . Steel with gray hammertone epoxy finish. 6.3" x 7.7" x 4.0", 1.30 lb.||Next Day||$38.25||Order|
|A-481||Installer kit, (includes 2 static pressure tips and PVC tubing).||Next Day||$6.20||Order|
|A-320-B1||Weatherproof enclosure, ABS, compatible with 3000MR/MRS Photohelic® switch/gage, 605 Magnehelic® differential pressure transmitter, DH3 Digihelic® pressure controller (to fit, the casing on the electrical plug must be removed), 2000 Magnehelic® gage with medium and high pressure options||Next Day||$285.00||Order|
|A-320-A1||Weatherproof enclosure, ABS, compatible with 2000 Magnehelic® gage, includes 2 sections of precut silicone tubing, banjo fittings, and threaded pressure connections pre-installed.||Next Day||$212.00||Order|
|A-320-A-SS||Instrument enclosure, 304SS, brushed finish, compatible with 2000 Magnehelic® gage||3-4 Weeks||$734.00||Order|
|A-320-BC||Weatherproof enclosure, ABS, compatible with 2000 Magnehelic® gage, DM-1000 DigiMag® digital differential pressure gage, DM-2000 differential pressure transmitter, Series 605 (with -SS option), and Series DigiMag® instruments with backwards compatible bezel option||Next Day||$285.00||Order|
|A-320-B-SS||Instrument enclosure, 304SS, brushed finish, compatible with 2000 Magnehelic® gage, DM-2000 differential pressure transmitter||6-7 Weeks||$742.00||Order|
|A-607||Mounting panel for Magnehelic®.||1-2 Weeks||$5.80||Order|
|A-464-SS||Stainless steel flush mounting kit for the Magnehelic® gages (Magnehelic® sold separately)||6-7 Weeks||$124.00||Order|
|200068-51||Mounting hardware kit.||Next Day||$11.50||Order|
|2000-00N||ASF||Series 2000-00N-ASF Magnehelic® Differential Pressure Gage, range .05-0-.20" w.c., with adjustable signal flag.|
0-1 ft w.c.
0-1.5 ft w.c.
0-2 ft w.c.
0-2.5 ft w.c.
0-3 ft w.c.
0-4 ft w.c.
0-5 ft w.c.
0-6 ft w.c.
0-8 ft w.c.
0-10 ft w.c.
0-12 ft w.c.
0-12.5 ft w.c.
0-15 ft w.c.
0-20 ft w.c.
0-25 ft w.c.
0-30 ft w.c.
0-35 ft w.c.
0-40 ft w.c.
0-50 ft w.c.
0-60 ft w.c.
0-0.25" w.c. & 0-62 Pa
0-0.5" w.c. & 0-125 Pa
0-1" w.c. & 0-250 Pa
0-2" w.c. & 0-500 Pa
0-3" w.c. & 0-750 Pa
0-4" w.c. & 0-1 kPa
0-5" w.c. & 0-1.25 kPa
0-6" w.c. & 0-1.5 kPa
0-8" w.c. & 0-2 kPa
0-10" w.c. & 0-2.5 kPa
0-15" w.c. & 0-3.7 kPa
0-20" w.c. & 0-5 kPa
0-25" w.c. & 0-5.2 kPa
0-30" w.c. & 0-7.5 kPa
0-40" w.c. & 0-10 kPa
00-50" w.c. & 0-12.4 kPa
0-60" w.c. & 0-15 kPa
0-100" w.c. & 0-25 kPa
0-200" w.c. & 0-50 kPa
5-0-5" w.c. & 1.25-0-1.25 kPa
0-0.25" w.c. & 0-2000 fpm
0-0.5" w.c. & 0-2800 fpm
0-1" w.c. & 0-4000 fpm
0-2" w.c. & 0-5600 fpm
0-5" w.c. & 0-8800 fpm
0-10" w.c. & 0-12500 fpm
0-15" w.c. & 0-15500 fpm
0-20" w.c. & 0-17500 fpm
0-25" w.c. & 0-20000 fpm
0-60 Pa & 0-9.8 m/s
0-125 Pa & 0-14.4 m/s
0-250 Pa & 0-20 m/s
0-500 Pa & 0-28 m/s
0-1.25 kPa & 0-45 m/s
0-2 kPa & 0-57 m/s
0-3.5 kPa & 0-76 m/s
0-5 kPa & 0-90 m/s
0-6 kPa & 0-98 m/s
0-0.5 mm Hg
0-1 mm Hg
0-2 mm Hg
0-4 mm Hg
0-5 mm Hg
0-6 mm Hg
0-7 mm Hg
0-8 mm Hg
0-9 mm Hg
0-10 mm Hg
0-11 mm Hg
0-12 mm Hg
0-15 mm Hg
0-20 mm Hg
0-25 mm Hg
0-30 mm Hg
0-35 mm Hg
0-40 mm Hg
0-50 mm Hg
0-60 mm Hg
0-80 mm Hg
0-100 mm Hg
0-150 mm Hg
0-200 mm Hg
0-250 mm Hg
0-300 mm Hg
0-350 mm Hg
0-400 mm Hg
30-0-30 mm Hg
0-6 mm w.c.
0-8 mm w.c.
0-10 mm w.c.
0-12 mm w.c.
0-15 mm w.c.
0-20 mm w.c.
0-25 mm w.c.
0-30 mm w.c.
0-35 mm w.c.
0-40 mm w.c.
0-50 mm w.c.
0-60 mm w.c.
0-75 mm w.c.
0-80 mm w.c.
0-100 mm w.c.
0-125 mm w.c.
0-150 mm w.c.
0-200 mm w.c.
0-250 mm w.c.
0-300 mm w.c.
0-350 mm w.c.
0-375 mm w.c.
0-400 mm w.c.
0-500 mm w.c.
0-600 mm w.c.
0-700 mm w.c.
0-750 mm w.c.
0-800 mm w.c.
0-100 x 10 mm w.c.
0-120 x 10 mm w.c.
0-150 x 10 mm w.c.
0-160 x 10 mm w.c.
0-180 x 10 mm w.c.
0-200 x 10 mm w.c.
0-300 x 10 mm w.c.
0-400 x 10 mm w.c.
0-500 x 10 mm w.c.
3-0-3 mm w.c.
5-0-5 mm w.c.
6-0-6 mm w.c.
7-0-7 mm w.c.
10-0-10 mm w.c.
15-0-15 mm w.c.
20-0-20 mm w.c.
25-0-25 mm w.c.
30-0-30 mm w.c.
40-0-40 mm w.c.
50-0-50 mm w.c.
75-0-75 mm w.c.
80-0-80 mm w.c.
100-0-100 mm w.c.
125-0-125 mm w.c.
150-0-150 mm w.c.
160-0-160 mm w.c.
200-0-200 mm w.c.
225-0-225 mm w.c.
250-0-250 mm w.c.
300-0-300 mm w.c.
350-0-350 mm w.c.
375-0-375 mm w.c.
400-0-400 mm w.c.
500-0-500 mm w.c.
0-1.5 cm w.c.
0-2 cm w.c.
0-2.5 cm w.c.
0-3 cm w.c.
0-4 cm w.c.
0-5 cm w.c.
0-6 cm w.c.
0-8 cm w.c.
0-10 cm w.c.
0-15 cm w.c.
0-20 cm w.c.
0-25 cm w.c.
0-30 cm w.c.
0-35 cm w.c.
0-40 cm w.c.
0-50 cm w.c.
0-60 cm w.c.
0-80 cm w.c.
0-100 cm w.c.
0-125 cm w.c.
0-150 cm w.c.
0-200 cm w.c.
0-250 cm w.c.
0-300 cm w.c.
0-350 cm w.c.
0-400 cm w.c.
0-500 cm w.c.
0-600 cm w.c.
0-700 cm w.c.
0-100 x 10 cm w.c.
1-0-1 cm w.c.
1.5-0-1.5 cm w.c.
2-0-2 cm w.c.
2.5-0-2.5 cm w.c.
5-0-5 cm w.c.
10-0-10 cm w.c.
15-0-15 cm w.c.
20-0-20 cm w.c.
25-0-25 cm w.c.
30-0-30 cm w.c.
40-0-40 cm w.c.
50-0-50 cm w.c.
0-100 x 10 Pa
0-125 x 10 Pa
0-150 x 10 Pa
0-200 x 10 Pa
0-250 x 10 Pa
0-300 x 10 Pa
0-450 x 10 Pa
0-500 x 10 Pa
0-600 x 10 Pa
0-800 x 10 Pa
100-0-100 x 10 Pa
150-0-150 x 10 Pa
250-0-250 x 10 Pa
300-0-300 x 10 Pa
0-100 x 10 Millibar
0-0.5 ounces per square inch
0-1 ounces per square inch
0-2 ounces per square inch
0-3 ounces per square inch
0-4 ounces per square inch
0-6 ounces per square inch
0-8 ounces per square inch
0-10 ounces per square inch
0-15 ounces per square inch
0-16 ounces per square inch
0-20 ounces per square inch
0-30 ounces per square inch
0-32 ounces per square inch
0-40 ounces per square inch
0-50 ounces per square inch
0-80 ounces per square inch
0-100 ounces per square inch
1-0-1 ounces per square inch
0-10" w.c. & 0-20 SCFM air (w/1" NPT Tube)
0-10" w.c. & 0-50 SCFM air (w/1.5" NPT Tube)
0-10" w.c. & 0-85 SCFM air (w/2" NPT Tube)
0-10" w.c. & 0-200 SCFM air (w/3" NPT Tube)
0-10" w.c. & 0-350 SCFM air (w/4" NPT Tube)
0-20" w.c. & 0-30 SCFM air (w/1" NPT Tube)
0-20" w.c. & 0-70 SCFM air (w/1.5" NPT Tube)
0-20" w.c. & 0-120 SCFM air (w/2" NPT Tube)
0-20" w.c. & 0-290 SCFM air (w/3" NPT Tube)
0-20" w.c. & 0-500 SCFM air (w/4" NPT Tube)
0-40" w.c. & 0-40 SCFM air (w/1" NPT Tube)
0-40" w.c. & 0-100 SCFM air (w/1.5" NPT Tube)
0-40" w.c. & 0-160 SCFM air (w/2" NPT Tube)
0-40" w.c. & 0-395 SCFM air (w/3" NPT Tube)
0-40" w.c. & 0-675 SCFM air (w/4" NPT Tube)
|Adjustable Signal Flag
Mounting Plate Only
Mounting Plate with A-481 Accessory Kit
Certificate of Origin
Factory Calibration Certificate
Green Scale Overlay
Horizontal Calibration (90 Deg Face Up)
Mirror Scale Overlay
NIST Traceable Calibration Certificate
Red Scale Overlay
Replacement Mag for Venturi Flow Tubes Only
304 Stainless Steel Bezel
Brushed 304SS Bezel
Stainless Steel Tag
Tilt Angle from Vertical in Degrees
Yellow Scale Overlay
- Instruction Manual (HP or MP Option)
- Instruction Manual (A-610/Pipe Mtg Kit)
- Instruction Manual (Air Filter Gages)
- Instruction Manual - Spanish
- Instruction Manual - English
Product Data Sheet
- How will installation of a Magnehelic® gage 150' away from the pressure source affect accuracy?
- Accuracy will not be affected, but response time will be increased in proportion to the length of the tubing.
- Can the standard Magnehelic® or Capsuhelic® gage be installed outdoors?
- Yes. Front covers are sealed with "O" rings. Capsuhelic vent holes are plugged with foam, and the new high impact acrylic lens material is very resistant to ultra-violet fogging. Additional care is recommended to lead pressure connections downward from the gage and provide as much protection from the elements as possible
- Can a standard Magnehelic® gage be used for natural gas or propane service?
- No. As the silicone diaphragm will be attacked by these gases. A Buna-N diaphragm should be specified.
- What happens when a Magnehelic® gage equipped with the low temperature option is operated below -20 degrees Fahrenheit (-29 degrees Celsius)?
- Below that temperature the accuracy of the gage deteriorates beyond our published specification due to stiffening of the diaphragm.
- Is National Institute of Standards and Technology traceability available for the Magnehelic® Gage?
- No. But Magnehelic® gages can be given a special 6 point calibration check with an NIST traceable master gage and a certificate can be supplied.
- How do I hook up my Magnehelic® Gage?
- In Bulletin A-27 under operation, it explains how to connect the Magnehelic to the following applications: positive pressure, negative pressure, and differential pressure.
- How do I hook up my Magnehelic® gage for an air velocity application with a pitot tube?
- In our Application Guides on flow products, we explain very well how to take air velocity readings. The total pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the high pressure ports on the gage. The other high pressure port is plugged. The static pressure connection on the pitot tube is connected to one of the low pressure ports on the gage. The other low pressure port is plugged.
- Are air velocity scales available?
- Yes, the information we require to supply the proper range is the velocity (fpm or m/s) or velocity pressure (inches of water or kpa) and density of air (lb/ft3 or g/cm3).
- Why must Dwyer pressure switches be mounted with the diaphragm in the vertical plane?
- In other than a vertical plane, the diaphragm can sag and cause a shift in set-point or a change in the adjustable set-point range. The switch may even fail to reset at the minimum set-points. This is the same phenomena that causes inaccuracy in Magnehelic® and Capsuhelic® gages when mounted in other than a vertical position.
- Can the ASF option be used as a tattle tell? Or do you have something that could be used as a tattle tell on the 2000 series DP gages?
- The ASF option cannot be used as a tattle tell. It is just there for visual indication of a set point. We have nothing with our 2000 series that can act as a tattle tell, however our series DM-1000 DigiMag will have a peak valve function built in.
- Your Magnehelic gauge doesn't come with a calibration certificate, do you have any documentation for these gauges to meet these needs?
- We have 3 options: (1) We can supply a Certificate of Conformance at no charge if you request that certificate at the time of order. The Certificate of conformance would state that each Magnehelic gauge is calibrated to meet the specifications stated on the spec sheet. (2) We offer a factory calibration “-FC” as an option that is a certificate of the standard calibration points at the time of manufacture, for a small fee. (3) We can also provide a NIST-traceable calibration for an extra charge per gage if that is required. To get the NIST-traceable calibration, you would simply add a “-NIST” to the end of your part number. NIST-traceable calibrations will come with the 6 point calibration certificate. We recommend “periodic calibration” for our Magnehelic, though we leave the specific time-frame up to the end user, since different organizations have different requirements (i.e. government groups often require more frequent calibrations.) If you choose to have the NIST traceable calibration done, the NIST group (the National Institute of Standards and Technology) dictates yearly calibration and it will be printed on the certificate.
- What might be the cause for Magnehelic® gages filling approximately 1/3 full of water, with lots of liquid droplets on the glass. Both are outside mounted on the side of an air stripping tower. One is a differential pressure gage that measures the pressure drop across a pitot tube. The other just measures the back pressure in the stripper. What can be done to fix the malfunction?
- It looks like you’re getting some condensation in the Magnehelic®, which is causing it to collect on the bottom of the face. Since the Magnehelic® is not encapsulated, it is not recommended to be used in applications where moisture can form. One option to fix the problem is installing a liquid filter (like an F222) to filter out that moisture. Another option is to install a Capsuhelic (Series 4000), which is made to handle both air and liquid.
- I have a Dwyer Magnehelic, can I pressure test a furnace gas valve with natural gas with this instrument?
- The standard Magnehelic is not recommended for use with natural gas. For natural gas applications, we would recommend a Magnehelic with a Buna-N diaphragm and an oil impregnated case for better chemical compatibility and a reduced leak rate respectively.
- For the Series 2000 Magnehelic Differential Pressure Gauges, what panel mounts are compatible with the A-135 rubber gasket?
- Any of our panel or flush mounting brackets will work with the A-135 rubber gasket. The rubber gasket just gives you a tight seal between the Magnehelic’s bezel and the bracket.
- I am looking to measure velocity in a 4" pipe that is used as air conveyance. We use an eductor and a single stage blower to produce air flow. I am looking to measure pressure and velocity. I purchased a Dwyer Pitot tube, 167-7 108024-00 for the job, and I want to match with the right gauge. I need to be in the range of 2600 cuft/min at maybe 0.5psi. Can you direct me to the right gauge with that information?
- To monitor flow through your 4” pipe, you will have to size the appropriate differential pressure gage. A very common gage that is used will be our Series 2000 Magnehelic gage. This gage can be ordered with a square root output that will direct read in flow units. Upon ordering this part, you will have to specify the maximum differential pressure at your desired flow rate. The following text will bring you to the equations necessary to compute this differential (velocity) pressure. This can also be found in the APPLICATION GUIDES section of our website.
- Is the Magnehelic 2000 suitable for use in a Class 1 Div 1 environment?
- No, the 2000 Series Magnehelic Differential Pressure Gauge does not have any certifications officially allowing it to be used in a Class 1 Div 1 environment.
- Calibration details?
- Standard gages are calibrated in the vertical position, and should be used in that position for maximum stated accuracy. Ranges above 17.5 in w.c. may be used at any angle, and stay within specified accuracy, by simply re-zeroing. Ranges below 17.5 in w.c. should be ordered using the –TA tilt angle option with the angle specified.
- I HAVE A MODEL #2004 WITHOUT THE PRESSURE RELIEF PLUG. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ACQUIRE ONE?
- The part number for the blowout plug is 440651-01
- Hello, We use Gauge 2310 & Mount Ring A-286 and I am looking for a 3D or STP file for both. The current models I have are lacking in detail Please advise and Thank You, John W. Hubler
- All of our available drawings are on our Website. They are under the tab Drawings. We do offer a 3-D drawing for Series 2000 and for A-286. The drawing for Series 2000 is a generic drawing.
- What restrictions, if any, are imposed for the Magnehelic® and Photohelic® gages in vacuum service?
- In applications involving higher vacuums than 20" Hg, leakage due to gage housing porosity becomes the limiting factor.
- A contractor is using Differential Pressure Gauge Model 2300-00 to measure negative pressure in the construction area When looking at the gauge how would I know the area is under negative pressure.
- The needle will move below zero, and not above zero. Lefthand movements from zero are negative, and righthand movements from zero are positive.
- Is there a differential pressure gage with a lower temperature limit down to -20F ?
- Yes, the 2000 series with a -LT option for low temperature will be rated down to -20 F.
- Can the Vaneometer model 480 be equipped with a scale to read in inches of water? We want to use the vaneometer to assure we have a pressure differential of -0.01 wc when measured at the door gap to a patient isolation room.
- The series 480 does not come with a scale reading in inches w.c., the scales would be in velocity units to read air velocity. However, we do have differential pressure gages or manometers than can be used to measure the differential pressure in an inches w.c. scale. I would recommend taking a look at our Series 2000 Magnehelic® Differential Pressure Gage, as we do have many customers use these for clean room applications. We have the model number 2000-00N which has a range of 0-0.2. and the major grads will be 0.01” w.c.
- What is the best method of measuring actual air flow in process ducts to verify process air flow sensors (differential pressure sensors, air flow stations, etc.)
- There are two ways to measure air flow in process ducts. The most common means is the use of a Series 2000 Magnehelic® Differential Pressure Gage. This gage can be ordered with a square root output that will read in flow units. You will have to specify the maximum differential pressure at your desired flow rate. Along with the gage, a pitot tube (connected by means of rubber or vinyl tubing) is also used. The pitot tube must be pointed directly into the air stream. Care must be taken to ensure that the pitot tube should be inserted at least 8-1/2 duct diameters downstream from elbows, bends or other obstructions which cause turbulence. The alternative method uses a 100 AV Durablock® Air Velocity Gage kit. The kit includes a manometer, a stainless steel pitot tube, rubber tubing with connectors, and red gage fluid. The pitot tube, pointed directly into the air stream, senses total and static pressure. The manometer then senses velocity pressure (difference between total and static pressure).
- I have a Magnehelic gage 2000-00N I purchased for a clean room. Should the installers set the "set" screw to get the gage back to (0) or will that mess up the calibration?
- After the Magnehelic has been installed, disconnect pressure lines to vent both sides of the gage to the atmosphere and re-zero. This will not mess up the calibration. This should be done occasionally.
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.