Series MTL7706/7787 Zener Barrier
Intrinsically Safe Barriers for Hazardous Locations
The Series MTL7706/7787 Zener Barriers are an intrinsically safe shunt-diode barrier that can be used to communicate with and provide isolations for certain Dwyer ® transmitters approved for use in hazardous areas. These barriers limit the amount of energy allowed to pass into the hazardous area, which inhibit ignition in flammable atmospheres.
- Electrically isolates pressure and level transmitters from unregulated circuits for intrinsically safe applications
Models & Ordering
- Transmitter Voltage:
- 16.2 V @ 20 mA with 250Ω load (negative w.r.t. earth); 11.0 V @ 20 mA with 500Ω load (negative w.r.t. earth).
- Safe Area Output:
- 4 to 20 mA.
- Load Resistance:
- 0 to 500Ω.
- Power Requirement:
- 20 to 35 VDC w.r.t. earth.
- ±2 µA under all conditions.
- LED Indicator:
- Green: Power Indication.
- Temperature Limits:
- Operating: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C); Storage: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C).
- 5 to 95% RH.
- Accommodate up to 2.5 mm² stranded or single-core.
- Safety Description:
- 28 µV, 300Ω, 93 mA.
- 4.9 oz (140 g).
- Agency Approvals:
- See table on Catalog page.
- Approved for use in hazardous areas
Photo DownloadsYou must be logged in to view this content.
Click here to login to your account.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please Sign in or create an account